If you are planning to do trip to Medan, you should find out about what you can do in this city. Well, this city will be your best options if you want to have different culture that you usually see in Java. You will see Batak culture around this city well. There are thousands of things to do in Medan starts from visiting the tourist destinations, historical place, religious place, and also going culinary.
There are some things to do in Medan part 1 that should do while visiting this city. Well, if you have enough time to explore this city, you can do all of them well, but if you don’t have much time, you can sort only the things that you like to do. They are:
- Lake Toba. As you know, Medan has the most famous lake in the world which is Lake Toba. It is the biggest volcanic lake in this world. You should visit it while you are in Medan. The scenery of clear blue water with blend with cloudy clear sky will make you have great photo spots.
- Are you a sunset or sunrise lover? If yes, you are. You shouldn’t miss it while visiting the Lake Toba. It is the best place for you to enjoy sunrise or sunset as well. You can’t miss it away because it has perfect scenery of sunrise and sunset in the banks of Lake Toba.
- If you want to know further about Batak people and culture, you can go to palace complex for former of Simalungun Batak chief that will make you can feel the strong traditional culture that they believe until now. You can take photos in Rumah Bolon, a house of Batak culture that you can meet in any other places.
- Samosir Island. This island is located in the middle of Lake Toba that you can visit to get know about the Toba Batak people and see their culture. You need a ferry to carry out you to this island. Notice that, you should know the schedule of it or you will be missed it.
- If you have tired in travelling around this city, you can try to taste the hot ginger teawhich becomes the signature dish of Simarjunjung. You can get many benefits from this cup of tea which can improve your digestion also strengthening your immune system as well.
- If you want to get such as fresh air and scenery, you can visit Sipiso-piso Waterfall that has the Lake Toba as the view of this waterfall.
- If you want to get perfect scenery combination of two active volcanoes, you can visit Gundaling Hill. It is the most popular of Medanese picnic.
Those are the 7 of 13 things to do in Medan part 1 that you can do while visiting this city well. Your holiday will be so perfect in doing such activities and also it can make you have thousands of photo collections in this city well.